Saturday, November 14, 2015

THE WIT OF CHARLIE CHAPLIN



One of my all-time favorite classic Hollywood stars was and is Charlie Chaplin. Even though he is a comedian, his movies have brought me to laughter, shed massive tears, and look at the world in a different way. Here are some of my favorite quotes from this artistic genius...

"We think too much and feel too little."

"A day without laughter is a day wasted."

"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles."

"I love to walk in the rain so no one can see my tears"

"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot."


"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."

"A tramp, a gentleman, a poet, a dreamer, a lonely fellow, always hopeful of romance and adventure."

"What do you want a meaning for? Life is a desire, not a meaning."

“Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot. To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain, and play with it!”



"Words are cheap. The biggest thing you can say is 'elephant'."

"I do not have much patience with a thing of beauty that must be explained to be understood. If it does need additional interpretation by someone other than the creator, then I question whether it has fulfilled its purpose."

“Your naked body should only belong to those who fall in love with your naked soul.”

“We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery, we need humanity; more than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.”

"As I began to love myself I refused to go on living in the past and worrying about the future. Now, I only live for the moment, where everything is happening. Today I live each day, day by day, and I call it “FULFILLMENT”."

"Man as an individual is a genius. But men in the mass form the headless monster, a great, brutish idiot that goes where prodded."

"I am at peace with God. My conflict is with Man."...


No comments:

Post a Comment